Raw Rocky Road
I am loving Easter this year! So far I am pleased to share I have not only found a giant gingerbread man cookie cutter (which you may have seen by now), a combination of baby chicken, bunny and egg cookie cutters, and an assortment of gooey cute chocolate moulds <3 Such a reason to make too many raw sweets like Raw Rocky Road!
This beautiful recipe is a take on one the desserts my man and I were inhaling for a week or so. It did become a short-lived addiction so I am hesitant to share it in all its flexibility and goodness. There were quite a few good nights sitting up slightly over cacaoed.
Feel free mix up the nut butter and milks. I must say that peanut butter is a must-try variation on this bad boy. I always wish to inspire creativity and, in turn, more ability.
On another note, please don’t skimp on the organic sour cherries. If you have not yet tried them, they are absolutely delicious. Any good health food shop will stock them, organic and untouched. I will definitely be sharing this around at our Easter family gathering and teaching my nieces what real chocolate is.
Joy, love and sharing is what recipe creating is all about – Raw Rocky Road.
||Recipe – Raw Rocky Road||
*Love yourself and use organic ingredients*
For the chocolate base:
- 1 cup raw cashew butter
- 3/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 t vanilla powder
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw almond milk
All the extra rocky bits:
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cherries
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
||Method for Raw Rocky Road||
- Combine all the base ingredients in a food process and mix until the dates are well combined into the mixture
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the remaining ‘rocky bits’ and stir until well combined
- Line a tray or loaf tin with greaseproof paper and fill with rocky road. Smooth the mixture with a spatula
- Press some extra ‘rocky bits’ into the top of the mixture to remind people of all the goodness in this nourishing rocky road
- Chill until firm